North Quabbin Woods Policies
About North Quabbin Woods
North Quabbin Woods is a nonprofit organization promoting ecotourism, local artisan products, and cultural events to revitalize the scenic North Quabbin region of central New England. Every effort is made to provide high-quality and well-crafted items to each and every customer. Each product is personally inspected before shipping. Your purchase helps to support our cause to cultivate a creative local economy.
Return & Refund Policies
• All items (including custom and discounted items) are non-returnable and non-refundable unless damaged during shipping.
• Items that have been damaged during shipping must be returned before a refund or replacement can be issued. Items should be returned with all the original packaging and receipt.
• Items that have been altered in any way are also non-returnable.
Forms of Payment & Check Acceptance
• Accepted forms of payment include cash, personal checks, Visa and MasterCard. We cannot accept payment by Discover or American Express.
• Personal checks for exact amount of purchase only.
• We can NOT accept the following: third party checks, post dated checks, checks made out to “cash”, checks made for more than the amount of purchase, payroll checks, money orders or traveler’s checks.
Individual Artisan Policies
• Purchase of Mountain Cat Tree items are subject to the artisan’s individual policies, as detailed below:
Since the cat trees are crafted from real trees, it is possible that over time small cracks will appear in the wood of the tree as it dries. This is normal and will not affect the structural integrity of the cat tree.
All of our products are guaranteed against structural defects and against breaking under normal use for up to one year from purchase. The following guidelines must be followed:
- Do not pick up your new cat tree by any of the platforms. Grasp the base and one of the tree lengths to pick up and move it.
-The products are for indoor use only and should not be placed in an area where they could get wet.
-They should be kept away from extreme heat such as woodstoves or radiators. Very low humidity could cause more cracks to appear in the tree.
-Children should not climb on the cat trees.
- The cat trees and scratching posts come with rubber feet for no slip on hard floors. They are only designed to be used with all the feet touching the floor. Do not place the product in any position that will compromise its stability.
If a product fails or breaks under normal use within one year from the date of purchase we will repair or replace the product (at our discretion) minus shipping costs. The warranty does not cover sisal scratcher wear and tear.
We should be notified of returns on the basis of a defect within 5 days of customer receiving the item and the product must reach us within 14 days. Customer pays for return shipping costs.
Products must be unused condition free from scratches or cat hair. We cannot accept a return if the product has been taken out of its packaging and introduced to a cat. Unfortunately we cannot accept returns on the basis that the cat is not using the product. Customer should keep original packaging to return an item.
If the product has been damaged in shipment, the customer should contact the retailer right away.